Список изменений в Моде StarGate Invasion:
- Changed “ICO Internet Multiplayer” to just “Internet Multiplayer”.
- Shortened some Human Faction strings to remove overspill.
- Stargate connection ability was renamed.
- Fixed all missing strings in the Manage Pacts menu.
- Updated many Artifact descriptions to be more authentic and fit the research dependencies.
- Updated the Asgard description to reflect the lost tribe Vanir, Pegasus Galaxy Asgard, instead of the Ida Galaxy Asgard.
- Updates to Tau’ri weapon names, descriptions, and icons
For All Factions:
- Upkeep changes:
- Upkeep will now be immediately active from the start of the game.
- The Home Planet has received a considerable income and resource buff to compensate for the initial fleet upkeep. (the way this bonus is applied may be revisited if balancing it proves difficult, the amount is the same for all factions atm). This buff to the planet is only for the starting world capital, if the capital is moved to another world then the bonus will have the stock values (about 3 times lower), if the world is lost to an attack then so is the bonus. Defend your Homeworld!
- The new Resource Acquisition ability (Asuran) works in the same way as Upkeep so Stargates can be used to bolster the Asuran fleet at the expense of tactical slots/defensive structures.
- Gate Satellite:
- Reworked in line with the new Ability (below) and will now have a much lower standard shield and hull values as well as low armor.
- It will no longer fire at ships and can now only bomb planets.
- When the ability is active, the satellite will consume an additional -0.05 of resources per second (rounded up and displayed as -0.1 by Sins but it should still only consume -0.05 internally, more details in Abilities & Research section below).
- The general idea is that it will be vulnerable during transit and must be escorted but if some of these manage to start a siege on a planet they will be hard to dislodge. Values will probably need balancing so feedback is welcome.
- Humans and Asurans now spawn with tactical orbitals, both with Normal and Quick start
- The Stargate connection ability was renamed and linked to Stargate research so that it will no longer be available at the start.
- The Lagrangian Satellite Research was moved from the Combat - Assault section to Defense - Resistance
- Home Planet tax rate bonus had the wrong value placed. Updated to 11.7
- Various missing string links have been fixed.
- Human HQ no longer take any tactical slot counts
- Ship weapons will no longer fire near their target instead of hitting it. This was an issue of shield values applied to entities which had no shield mesh, Sins could not deal with this discrepancy and targeted the weapons at the wrong location.
- Reduced the size of the Human AG3 satellite beam particle. Changed the beam to the vanilla effect as the particle texture being used was very basic. Also changed the color of the beam to better fit the AG3 satellite beam from the show. Added a modified particle for the muzzle.
- Fixed the Change Theme and Change Name in the Player Setup that caused the buttons to not work
- Pacts no longer cause minidumps
UI / Skin
- Removed the SGI startup video
- Improved the Tau’ri race skin (darkened bottom).
- Fixed ICO Internet Multiplayer icons for Chat, Friends, Host Setup
- Refreshed the GUI, research icons, race skins, and various images with higher quality versions
- New start screen featuring the Pegasus Stargate
- New and updated Artifact images
- New and updated Asuran research images
- New and updated Tau’ri research images
- Temporary stock overview icons for those not yet completed for items such as repair bays and starbase constructor
- Updated the Asgard quote on the race selection to reflect the Vanir.
- Increased the width of the bottom information panel to allow for longer item names and descriptions.
- The next and previous buttons in the Race Selection screen now include the picture of the race as a selection area to move forward or back.
Abilities & Research
Additional ideas we have discussed for Artifacts:
Ancient Titan Artifact
- An ancient Titan is found! In the final years of the Wraith conflict, the Lanteans attempt to build the ultimate ship. No amount of Wraith fleets is to ever be able to withstand this vessel. Using their technological superiority, they begin construction on a fearsome ship that is to turn the tide of this war and put an end to the Wraith singlehandedly. Due to its complexity, advanced systems and size the ship is never fully complete. However, enough of it remains to enable every race to find some way of improving their systems: Factions manage to build hybrid ships that use parts of this vessel for improvements, Asuran Romulus and Antaeus are unlocked by this discovery enabling them to build these ships. Wraith unearths the Titan Hyperdrive engines, improving their hyperspace travel speeds considerably, both intergalactic and interstellar.
- Added a new ability (Resource Acquisition) to the Asuran Stargate, it will generate additional resources and income. Includes description string.
- Modified the Asuran Gate Satellite Stargate ability considerably:
- It now requires that an Enemy planet is in range in order to be activated (8000 range).
- The ability works automatically with autocast and doesn’t need to be manually activated to function properly.
- It provides a large Shield Mitigation & Shield Regeneration bonus to the Gate Satellite when it’s active as well as making the planet a phase gate end point.
- When the Gate Satellite is in siege mode, the energy fed through the gate in order to sustain its incredible shield regeneration and shield mitigation causes additional resource drain. The value is -0.05 in addition to the usual ship upkeep. This drain is removed as soon as the satellite ability timer runs out (or it enters hyperspace) and the ship is no longer in range of an Enemy planet.
- Deactivates on hyperspace jump initiation as well as when the timer runs out and no Enemy planet is in range.
- All research costs have been adjusted so each tier costs the amount.
We welcome suggestions for possible Artifacts or research based on Artifacts both for currently available and potential new ones. These Artifacts should have considerable quasi game changing benefits for at least one, or possibly two faction. Post your ideas in the comments section of this progress report and we will see if they can be incorporated into the new Exploration research sections.
Texturing & Modeling
Work continues on the Traveller details. In addition, the Human AG3 heavy defense satellite was rebuilt and textured: